Friday, November 26, 2010

Planet X Nano light frame set review Part 1

I decided to try one of these Planet X frames out to see how it stacks up against my Cervelo R3. I ordered one up and I have to say that Scott at Planet X was very helpful and ensured me that is was a really nice looking frame in person. I received it in the mail in less then a week ! speedy deliver.
Took it out of the box and it came with the headset as promised, however there were no barrel adjusters like I paid for, that was a bummer. So I looked it over with a fine tooth comb. I liked the frame design, but the bottom bracket was not heavily armored so I was a bit worried about stiffness.
One nice feature was the 1 1/8 to 1 1/2 head tube and fork, this should help with the stiffness upfront. The graphic design on the frame is nice, however they could have toned down the planet X decals.


I also prefer a flat black or just black paint job opposed to the carbon weave. But this just a person preference. The carbon weave did match the FSA K force stem and seat nicely.




I had to weigh the frame and fork to see if it was truthful to the website. I have to say I was impressed, the frame weighing in a 972 grams for a large and the uncut fork weighing in at 387 grams.






I have chosen to use Campagnolo components for the first time and I must say they look nice. I bought a 2011 Campy Chorus group set and was generously given a free Campy record crank and brakes upgrade by the seller.



1 comment:

  1. sometimes i feel people just like to look at their bikes and lift them and say wow.

    ReplyDelete